Wednesday, September 29, 2010 | By: Barker Family

West Yellowstone, Montana

What a long weekend! We were missing my mother very badly and talked her into coming and seeing us for several days and told her that we would meet her halfway (from Idaho) in West Yellowstone, Montana where my Uncle Bill lives and owns a Motel (it's called the Hibernation Station and if you are ever staying outside of yellowstone...this is the place to stay!) We stayed the night one night in Worland on the way to pick up mom, stayed one night in West Yellowstone and then planned on driving all the way home on the 3rd day. Well, I took the wrong turn out of Yellowstone and we ended up in the Grand Teton National Forest instead of the Shoshoni National Forest...so we had to turn around and go through the South part of Yellowstone Park again, lol..so we spent a full day in the National Park on accident. We did stop to see Old Faithful and the kids loved it and seemed to really enjoy the Park as well. Jackson pointed out "goose" in the river and "ruffalo" (buffalo) in the fields. He saw all the fall trees and kept saying "cute" :) He has really developed over the last few months and is now saying his ABC's with me. When I count down from 5 for Cartern when he is in trouble,  Jackson beats me to "4"!

Layla also has grown a lot and she started crawling over the weekend. Before she was getting around either by rolling or doing a sort of army crawl.  She is really developing a very cute personality and enjoys being around Jackson and stealing his binky from his mouth.  She is eating a lot of table foods now and I find her picking out the marshmellows from the Marshmellow Mateys and she feeds the dogs all the "matey's" lol. She picks out the green jacks in Apple Jacks and won't eat the orange ones.

On a side note, it may be a while before I can write again as my desktop computer has quit working and the MacBook that my mom loaned my has decided that it doesnt want the keys to work properly and several of them do not work and when you push them, a series of random letters appears instead. None of the numbers work so I can't type in my passwords to sites either, lol. Oh well, it can't be that bad being computer less, can it? AHHH...yes it can...I am going to go crazy!

So, until next time....Good morning, good day and good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment