Sunday, September 12, 2010 | By: Barker Family

Here goes!

Wow! Here we go on the blogging thing I suppose. It just seems like there is always so many funny things that happens in our family that I either don't have the time or opportunity or I just plain forget to share with the people that we love, so I'm going to try and stay up to date on them here for you all to enjoy and share in. I always enjoy reading my sisters blog but she seems to be a lot more creative than I am but I will do my best.



Tyler has been working out of town for a week or so and its looking like he will be out of town for another 3 or 4 weeks. He will come home for a few weeks and then be gone again until the end of the year. :( Unfortunate but I suppose we should be thankful that he has a job because in this economy there are so many people who are not so fortunate.



Savannah and Carter both started school this year. I can't believe it but Savannah entered 4th grade and Carter entered Pre-Kindergarten. They both love it so much and Carter looks so precious in the morning as he is skipping down to the bus stop. Warms my heart to see him enjoying something so much. Every morning when he gets up he gets ready for school and comes into my bathroom and puts his little hands under the sink faucet and wets his hair down and then puts the hair gel in his hands and rubs his hands together and then does own hair. He looks at himself in the mirror and fixes each spike so that it is just where he wants it to be. He's growing up so fast. Savannah is making new friends as well and seems to be enjoying her new school. She reads a lot and is currently working on "Inkheart". She is such a tremendous help for me around the house and all the kids have been so helpful lately with picking up and doing things that are asked of them. It's been a long haul to get there, but I think that things are looking up as far as routines go in the household.



Layla and Jackson are the only ones that are left with me in the house during school days now. It can be pretty quiet but we are all enjoying it. Jackson saw that there was a job opening for trouble maker in the house when Carter went to school so he has been quite a handful lately.  He is learning his independence and having a power struggle with mom. LOL. Layla is growing so fast I can hardly believe it. She pulled herself up from a seated position the other day and I was so amazed. She is working on crawling but prefers scoot around on her head. Jackson was my only other baby who actually crawled. Carter did the crab crawl  and army crawl and then started walking and Savannah just started walking at 9 months bypassing crawling altogether. Jackson turned 2 in July. He was so excited to see the dinosaur cake that we got him. It was interactive so the first time that it roared and popped forward he got scared and screamed, lol.


I have enjoyed living away from Evanston but do miss my family. My parents and I were really close and it has been very hard to be away from them but I think that Tyler and I made the best decision for our family to move away and start our family out on our own. I miss my sister and brothers very much, it's hard to keep in touch when everyone is so busy with their own lives. 

There is not much to say about me, other than I do a lot of cleaning and laundry. HA! I read a lot and I am always looking for new books so if you know any, share, share, share! I just ordered a book call "One thousand White Women" by Jim Fergus and I am really looking forward to getting it in the mail so I can read it.

I am thankful that we have cellular phones so that I can talk to Tyler every night when he leaves for work (he is working the night shift on this job) and every morning when he gets off work before he goes to bed. I am so thankful that Tyler and I found each other and fell in love. He has truly been a blessing from God for me and the kids. He's so caring and compassionate and will do anything to make sure that we are taken care of.  He won't read this because he hates computers and technology but I'm going to send a big "I love you, you're the best" out into cyber space for him.  He is so good about taking the family out to do fun things. We go fishing, walking and for outdoor "adventures" all the time.


We went out fishing for 2 days over Labor day and both Carter and Savannah caught their first fish that was cast and reeled in entirely on their own.


Well, I suppose in closing I will add that in the future I will try and post some more intriguing reads and try and have a little creativity in my posts while still keeping you updates! Happy Blogging! Here are a few scenery pictures from our outdoor adventures!


Here are some recent pictures that we took of the kids.


0 comments:

Post a Comment