Saturday, September 18, 2010 | By: Barker Family

Hot soup on a cold day

It is starting to get very chilly outside, and the kids asked me to cook some home made chicken noodle soup with a special request for homemade egg noodles.  It sounded good to me too, so we went to the grocery store and got the remaining items we needed but they didn't have a thawed whole chicken so it's going to have to be turkey noodle soup, that's just as good I think.

Having turkey cooking on the stove smells so wonderful! Every time that I make home made soup I always think about my dad.  I remember him sitting at the head of our table with a steamy bowl of soup in front of him on a cold day. Often times he had just came back inside from shoveling the sidewalk and driveway.  He would always say "The worst thing about hot soup on a cold day is that your bowl never gets empty" and then he would sniffle. LOL. He is such an amazing father. He's always there for any of us when we need him and loves us unconditionally.  My mother is quite literally the most wonderful person that I know. She is more compassionate than anyone I have ever met, more loving, more giving and more selfless than anyone I have every met as well. She knows just what we need before we need it and we don't have to ask.  She is always thinking of something that could make someone else happy or what would brighten someone else's day. She has evolved into the best grandmother with all her grandchildren as well.  I am sorry that so many things have been allowed to drive a wedge into our family relationships because we truly had the best of parents and they deserve to have their children be close.  Hopefully some day bygones will be bygones and we can all get back to being a big happy family.



"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. " ~William D. Tammeus

0 comments:

Post a Comment