Wednesday, September 15, 2010 | By: Barker Family

"Ding Dong"

I think that I might have the trouble makers in the neighborhood. I sent Savannah and Carter to check the mail and they came back arguing over who's idea it was to go "DING DONG"(we used to call it.....something different when I was growing up) the other houses on their way back from the mail box. So, after some investigation I discovered that Savannah was the culprit behind the idea and was sending Carter out to do the deed. Hopefully they won't be doing that again.

Then I sent them outside to play a little bit and they came back in the house after like 5 minutes and Savannah ratted Carter out for jumping into the back bed of someone's pick-up truck. Ugh. Needless to say I'm finding it difficult to explain to the kids that just because things as specific as staying out of other peoples trucks and don't ding dong the neighbors aren't spelled out in the rules does not mean that it's okay to do. So tonight we went over things like having respect for out neighbors and our friends and for other people belongings. Again.

Layla is getting around so good now. When put down on the floor she can find anything within a 10 foot radius. She really reaches out now and is loving exploring her surroundings.  She has also started pulling hair and scratching faces when she gets frustrated. Most afternoons both the babies end up napping on me and when they wake up they have a binky war.  Layla will notice Jackson's binky and reach for it and take it out of his mouth and Jackson will yell "NO NO LAYLA, NO NO" lol. I have been very surprised at how gentle Jackson is with Layla and never gets angry with her or tries to hit or hurt her. I think that they are going to be great friends.

I have been shopping for Halloween costumes and have found some very cute ones for Layla, but can't make a decision. I found one that's too small for her but I think that it's hilarious...it's a whoopy cushion for an infant.  I guess that I will keep looking...I have plenty of time. :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment