Friday, November 5, 2010 | By: Barker Family

Report Cards!

Well, today the kids brought home their report cards and I'm very proud to announce that Savannah made the all "A" honor student list. She is so great at school and really does try her best and enjoys learning. Carter's report card isn't about "A"s but is "I", "P" and "M" which is slightly irritating because it "I" meant "introduced", "P" meant "progressing", and "M" mastered. Well, I find it hard to believe that Carter is only "progressing" at jumping on 1 foot. First of all, I can watch him jump on one foot all the time (lots of times in a row) and second of all...JUMPING ON 1 FOOT. Seriously, this is why I am sending him to school?! I can teach him to jump on 1 foot at home! Some of the other skills for Carter included: Balance on one foot, kick a ball (SERIOUSLY?), Gallop (isn't that for horses?), and skip. The more and more I think about this absurdity, the more and more I get upset. I don't know...maybe Junior Kindergarten wasn't such a good option for Carter, maybe we should have put him into regular kindergarten. I intend on talking with the teacher about my concerns on parent teacher night.

I have been extremely sick lately and haven't been sleeping much so it's become harder and harder to keep up with all the kids. We went to the hospital the other night because I couldn't breath. I was sent home with breathing treatments, cough suppressants, and inhalers. It's been 2 days of medicine to help with coughing and I have slept sooo good! Thank Heaven for medicine!

Our new household routines are going so well! The kids are waking up on time and getting ready when they are suppose to and things aren't so chaotic anymore. The dogs are being taken out for potty times, rooms are getting clean and beds are getting made! YAY for routines! Carter decided that he was a big boy and wanted to take a shower every morning just like Savannah and it's so cute to see him get all excited to get out of the shower and do his hair. He's such a big boy. He even likes to use some of Tyler's cologne. :) He says that his friend Jase always smells so good and that he wants to smell good for the girls too. Such a cutie.

Savannah has started to notice boys too. UH OH! She told me yesterday that all her girl friends are "dating" in her class and she didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to "date" or have a boyfriend because she was pretty sure that "Dakota" really likes her. LOL. I told her they didn't even know what dating is. :) Its funny how things in Elementary School don't change. Savannah still sings the same recess songs that I sang and they play the same games, and have the same silly rhymes. Oh to be young again.

We recently got some terrible news in our family that my grandfather, Frank is suffering from a very serious form of cancer and they don't expect him to live more than a few months. My heart is very heavy for my mother and the pain that she must be experiencing in hearing this news, and I am very saddened at the thought of losing my wonderful grandfather. My grandfather Frank is truly a wonderful man. He has an awesome smile and he can be very funny. With every one of the grandkids as babies he rubs their chubby little cheeks against his rough face because it always had a day or two growth on it. Some babies loved it, and some babies would SCREAM...either way...he loves loving on those babies. He has been enjoying life in Glenwood, Utah in the home that his mother lived in and the home that he grew up in. It's a very pretty home in a very lovely little town. I do so love my grandpa and hope that he is able to die without pain and can embrace the journey that is in his path and will live for all eternity in the presence of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment